Friday, June 6, 2008

the creation of my blog

Why have I decided to create this blog ???

Because there is life after cancer and plenty of it.

I was diagnosed with breast cancer over 4 years ago and the journey since then has been a long one. Long in the respect of getting to were I am now.

When I first heard those fateful words " I am sorry to tell you you have a malignant cancer " I did not realise how much water would pass under the bridge of life in such a relatively short time.

I will not bore you with the details of my diagnosis and the resulting operation and treatments just try and to explain to you why my own cancer experience has not been all bad. It hasn't been a joy ride by any means, it hasn't been a great deal of fun and given the choice I would rather not have had it but and it is a very big but, I have had some glorious times that I would have otherwise missed.

I am sat in our small shop in Spain writting this and feeling so glad to be here and to be able to do it.

It will help you to understand my blog better if I tell you a little about myself which I will do tomorrow when I come back to the computer. For me this is the beginning of something I am not familiar with and would like to comee back to the introduction when I have a few things in chronological order.

1 comment:

Roz said...

Well done Filly, you have beaten me! Amanda keeps telling me to start a blog....so perhaps I will follow in your footsteps! They have always been pretty big footsteps for me to follow. Love Roz xxx